Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Directions

Hello!
Some interesting things have happened recently, that I would like to share with you!
First of all, I will be quitting McDonalds at the end of May. I will have worked there 3 years and I enjoyed it very much. 
McDonalds has decided to change their uniforms for various reasons, and the manager uniforms to which they are changing to, were not as modest as I would want them to be and I didn't feel comfortable wearing them. Katie's uniform is cute and she will be continuing to work there.
This made me think of what I would do if I was to quit. I really wasn't sure, I knew it would be hard being at home not having any work and Katie going to McD's all the time. I was praying what the Lord would have me to do. 
At this time, Jordan Lendt(home church pastor's son) came to Japan to see the mission field for 6 weeks, and this fall he is going to be going to college. That being said, he talks about it occasionally. :) This in turn got me slightly curious about what college was like. Up to this time I had considered going to college, but I always resisted the thought, greatly! 
But as I prayed the Lord changed my heart, showing me that if I went to college for a year or 2, He could teach me many things from the Bible(this is not saying in any way that my parents are not capable of teaching me, but I would like concentrated Bible, violin, piano and voice training) The more I thought about going to college, the more the Lord worked on my heart. 
I admit up to this time, I was not totally open to the Lord's will, though I had convinced myself I was, since I had surrendered to serve in Japan however the Lord leads. 
The Lord has shown my family a really neat college in Wisconsin called Baptist College of Ministry and Theological Seminary. We have never actually visited it, but have looked into it carefully and also know other people who have attended this college. 
This fall Lord willing, I will be enrolling in BCM, it is exciting and hard at the same time. Please pray for me and my family as we have different things to get used to! 

Thank you for praying!
In Christ,
Ann

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you prepare for your new adventure!
    Hugs,
    Mrs. Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ann. So excited to see how God is leading you! Wisconsin is not too far away from us! Let us know if there is any way to help (in addition to prayer, of course!)

    Love,
    Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you and praying.

    ReplyDelete