If I could have just one of heart's desire, what would I choose?
Spring is nearly here.................some of the girls say it is here already, but the chilling winds, rain, and sometimes snow surely don't make it seem very springy! :) But, I have found a few patches of green, while walking Cocoa, that have had the chance to get some color into their little stems and leaves. It makes me want to say, "Hold on a little longer! I think spring will be here soon!" I love to be out of doors, and taking care of the plants and flowers, and just plain old enjoy looking around at everything God has made. God promises that springtime will always come again, so we are waiting, and hoping it's soon. :)
So yes, I desire spring to come, but here is a much better desire that David wanted to Lord to grant him. "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4 We read this chapter just the other morning in our family devotions, and it was special. The scenery in Hokkaido really is beautiful and I want to be out enjoying it, but to be able to come into the Lord's presence as His child! David seemed to want every day of his life to be close to the Lord, observing His beauty, and free to inquire things of Him.
The Lord has such a beautiful nature, so forgiving and kind.
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah" Psalm 32:5
He is observing, ready to hear, to listen.
"The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears open unto their cry." Psalm 31:15
He is comforting and protective.
" Be merciful unto me. O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast."
And there is so much more that could be said! Yes, the Lord is beautiful. A beauty that nothing and none can change!:)
~Rachel
Well said Rachel! What a wonderful Lord we have!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Mrs. Shellee
Dear Rachel, Thanks for sharing these verses! I so look forward to the day when I meet Jesus face to face and behold the beauty of the Lord himself . . . forever! What a Savior!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Heather
Your welcome! Sometimes I just have to write down things that the Lord impresses upon me,
Deletebefore I forget them or get distracted. :) I am glad you can see a little more about all of us this way. Have wonderful day! Love you all!
Rachel