Italian Risotto Balls!
I had never heard of such a thing! Right now at McDonalds, our promotional items are focused on the World Cup. Thus we had a Brazil Burger, German Burger, Belgian McFlurry, Holland McFloat, and we still have the Japan Burger (which I think is super yummy!), the France Burger, France McFlurry, Japan McFloat, and the above mentioned Italian Risotto Balls! (It's fun to learn how to make all the new promotional items, by the way.)
So, why did I say "Only in Japan..."? Well, the one Risotto Ball is Tomato flavored, and the other is... SQUID INK!
Now, I thought that sounded pretty gross, and we've been selling these for several weeks before I decided to try them today. :) I had several reasons why I thought I should try them, though I didn't know if I really wanted to!
1. Several people at work liked them, especially the squid ink ones.
2. McDonalds food is never disgusting, unless you're really picky.
3. Since it's at McDonalds, and I know that is definitely cooked properly.
4. I asked one lady who liked it if it had a really strong flavor, and she said it didn't.
5. It has cheese inside, so that should be pretty good right?
6. It could make an interesting blog post. :)
So, today, on my break I ordered Italian Risotto Balls. I ordered a Japan Burger too, and saved that for last just in case the Risotto Balls weren't to my liking. ;)
Ok, I've seen them like this lots of time, because I work in back normally.
I had never opened one up though, like when we have to throw some away.
So, I took a bite, and as soon as I did, and looked at it, I thought 'Why am I doing this! That looks really gross! But I have to eat it! I paid for it!'
The next bite, I got some of the cheese. It wasn't bad at all! I think I tasted just a little bit of a seafood flavor, but hardly anything. I didn't realize there was rice in it until I took a bite. I was really surprised. It was actually quite good, and I wouldn't mind getting them again. :) I don't quite know how to describe the flavor, but it wasn't at all bad. It's really a 'mind over matter' thing. And the cheese was yummy. ;)
This is the tomato one, which was good too, probably a little better than the squid ink one.
So, what do you think? Do you think you would like to try them? I don't know, they might have these in other countries, but I'm almost positive they wouldn't have them at a McDonalds in America!!!
~Katie~
I probably would try it just to say I had. I feel like I've had some Squid ink something before but at the moment I can't remember what it was. At Saijo, they have clam shell bubble bath or something like that, I smelled the tester one and couldn't imagine using it in a bath...and smelling like that...lol. :D Oh, now I remember. Squid Ink spaghetti, at Big House. I haven't tried it. I only stared at it.... lol....
ReplyDeleteHaha! That's funny! (The Squid Ink Spaghetti) I can't imagine using clam shell bubble bath either! You'd smell like you just came out of the ocean not the bathtub! :D
Delete~Katie~
Spaghetti sauce, I mean.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't look very good on the inside.....but I would try it. :D
ReplyDeleteLove you! -Abigail
I know, it really doesn't look good on the inside! Especially if you click on the picture and make it really big!!! :D
Delete~Katie~
Ranks right up there with sushi... Definitely sounds like a Japanese thing. Not sure if I could gather enough gumption to try it. ~ Aunt Ellen
ReplyDeleteI really think you wouldn't mind it if you didn't know what it was. :) Thank you for commenting on our posts! It's great to hear from you! I love you!!!
ReplyDelete~Katie~