Monday, September 22, 2014

Family trip to Tsukigata and Otaru (May29th and 30th) 1 of 2

Hello!
I am sorry it has be so long since we wrote about anything! That has been my fault (Rachel), as I was the one who offered to write this post! Could I please say, I've been busy???

Well,  today (August 28th) Emilie and Mom arrived by bus in Milwaukee WI, were surprised by Ann at the bus terminal, and now Emilie is officially enrolled in Baptist College of Ministry in Menomonee Falls!!!!!!

On the way to college from the bus terminal
(Sisters!!)

******************

May 29th (Thursday)
I was off to school in Shibetsu by 7:40, having been able to get my classes switched to 1st and 2nd periods. The rest of the family met up with me at the Minks' in Shibetsu around 11:00, where we dropped off Cocoa for her overnight stay. :) Then down to Kenbuchi, 15 minutes south of the Minks,  stopped in to pay a bill at Kenbuchi Motors, and say hello to Mrs. Nishio ( a SWEET, faithful Christian lady) and family. Next on scenic, curvy back roads to Asahikawa to have lunch with Bro. and Mrs. Himes. We had wonderful time, and everyone along the way was happy to see Ann, and happy that she was doing really well, and seeing the Lord's direction at school.




We drove a few more hours, and arrived at our camping spot, WAY back in the hills/mtns. around 4:30pm. ( On the way we listened to the message "My Son, give me thine heart" by Bro. S.M. Davis. Very good!!) We stopped at the office and got checked in and received our bedding.  Lightweight sleeping bags and mats. The mats weren't quite what we thought they would be, we were hoping for thin futon mats................ Oh well, we were having fun anyway!




The campground was empty, and we hoped the bears that were much warned about wouldn't make their appearance!! The  cabin had to windows on the main level so we opened them for airflow, and went to work getting rid of the live katydids and sweeping up the dead ones. :) Then we hiked up, down, and around for about an hour.


Getting supper ready, that was a challenge! The curry was already made, simply had to be warmed through, but first to boil the water to cook the rice packets. We had only one burner, and it was getting cooler, darker, and buggier!! Some of played war with uno cards, walked briskly around, played running games, Pooh Sticks or whatever they could to keep from getting eaten alive, and starting to feel a little grumpy. ;) We're a family, together, healthy, and so many more blessings...............






Finally the rice was done and the curry warm enough, and we made a dash for the cabin! Then, the a little stuffy, katydid cabin seemed like an haven of rest!! We were very grateful! It all depends on your perspective........ :)


After supper, Dad read more out of Adventures in Faith by Alice June Rodgers, and before bed we listened to the first of The Wanderer ( a Lamplighter audio drama ). Some us slept well, and others  could think of when they had slept better, but we had a good time. :)
**************
And I think I will make the next day another post! That was quite a day too, and though both were enjoyable, I think I would prefer the simple life, if I had to choose between the two.............. But you'll see what I mean soon! 
Which would you like to try for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment