Thursday, April 17, 2014

With Spring comes... MUDDY PAWS!!!!

  Spring is one of my favorite times of year. I love the clean smell in the air, the smell of new grass, the cheeriness of the sunny weather, being able to ride my bike again, watching the snow melt so fast, seeing the tiny green shoots coming out of the ground and blossoming into flowers! Oh, it's such a nice time of year!!!
  BUT!... one of the unfortunate things that comes along with Spring is muddy paws! I'm not the one to complain though, as it's only my turn to walk the dog each Tuesday, but I am going to tell you about what happened this last Tuesday. :)
  It was a really pretty morning. I took Cocoa out on her walk while Mama was getting breakfast ready. I took her all the way down the road behind our house. It was so nice out!
  Since Cocoa is an 'inside dog', we have to wipe her paws off with her towel before we let her into the house. I took special care that morning to wipe off her paws, and try to get all the mud our from between the pads and fur on her paws. (Because Spring is a muddy time of year here with all the snow melting) Then I let her run into the house.
  Pretty soon though, all these muddy paw prints started showing up all over the floor! (Thankfully we don't have carpet on the floor!) So, I found a rag, got it wet, and started wiping up the paw prints. I thought to myself that it would be better yet if I used the wet rag to get the mud totally off her paws. So I commenced working on her paws, (which she didn't like much) and consequently made things worse! There was mud stuck in the crooks and crannies of her paws from other dog walks too, and getting it wet with the rag made even muddier prints!
  What did I do? Hehee! I made her go into the opening under the counter where her dog dishes are, and I pulled out the drawers and shut her in, so I could get the floor wiped up. :D


She really wanted to get out either over the top, or from below, but she couldn't. :)
  Finally, the floor was all clean, and her paws were dry again, and I let her out. :) I hope you like the pictures, we think she's really cute. :)
  I hope you are enjoying your Spring (or Fall, depending on where you are) too!
~Katie~

6 comments:

  1. Too cute and quite the funny story!
    Love you!!
    Mrs. Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Love you too!!!!!
    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so cute! Merry is totally dirty, at least she's outside. Lol. I want to give her a bath come warm weather though! Haha! I'm so glad spring is her finally!! Love you <3 Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We wanted to give her a bath before you came back, but with it being still cold outside, we didn't want her to get sick, so we left her dirty... ;)
      Love you too!
      ~Katie~

      Delete
  4. That is awesome, Sis! The pics are great. Thanks for sending me the link to this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOHHHHH! I was SO excited to see a comment from you!!! I love you SO much, and hope you have fun reading our blog! ~Katie~

      Delete