Our school room was needing a new paint job, and is not used as much for school any more, so it was time to do something about it! The first week and a half or so we had off from English classes, and the more busy schedule of usual, so we decided to make it a family project and have fun. :)
It's been Kristen's desire and hopes to make it into a music room, so she had already repainted the little bright pink clock, (which didn't match at all!) and removed the inside backing of it
, printed and cut out a treble clef, glued it on a round paper and stuck in in the clock. Pretty smart! :) It's a very nice clock now, for being so cheap to start with. ;)
So here are the pictures of the process. Enjoy!
 |
| First stage done! |
 |
| Double-rolling adventure...! |
 |
| "Am I doing this right??" |
 |
| "Hmmm... a little too dark?" |
 |
| Dad, helping us out with his fancy paint mixer attached to the drill. |
 |
We decided to do a little lighter color with the cream, and that looked better. :D
Then we went back over the first wall with the lighter colors and that helped! Yeah! Thank you, Lord! |
 |
| Tape coming off! |
 |
| Here comes all the tracing, copying, and painting! My tole painting papers came in handy! |
 |
| Rachel! One of our great painters! |
 |
| Mmmm! Having a yummy lunch for energy, tops it off! |
 |
| Slow and steady work.. "Don't bump me!" |
 |
| Keeping close company ;) |
 |
| Way to go, Katie! |
 |
| Mom sees little tiny details better without her glasses. :) |
 |
| Everyone had a part! |
 |
| There it is, finally! Like it? |
 |
| Sorry, it's a little fuzzy. |
 |
Psalm 104:33 "I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live,
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being."
This is my favorite wall! |
~Emilie~
looking good!
ReplyDeleteLooks great Ladies!!
ReplyDeleteOooh! That's a lovely music room! I'm very impressed! =)
ReplyDeleteLove the walls you did in browns and tans.....great job.
ReplyDelete