We were staying with Mrs. Daniels. Her parents were missionaries in Hokkaido, the same island we live on. It was really nice getting to spend almost 2 days with her. She's really sweet, and just opened her home to us. She lives in a beautiful log house on the shore with beautiful mountains right across the way from her.
We got to take walks on the beach and on Friday we rode the 4-wheeler about a mile down the beach where there are some pretty waterfalls. Well, on the way there, Kristen and I saw this great big rock that was flat on top, and I thought, "Wow, that's a neat rock; I'd like to sit on it." We didn't get to then, but we saw it again on the way back. Kristen and I both thought it would be a great picnic rock.
That night Kristen had the idea to get up early and walk down to the rock with a picnic breakfast, just we two. Doesn't that sound fun? I thought it sounded great!
So, next morning we got up around 5:40 and did our devotions. Dad and Mom were ok with us going so I made our picnic breakfast- homemade English muffins (I didn't actually make them, just toasted ones Mrs. Daniels had made) and then yogurt with frozen fruit and honey in it. By the way, Mrs. Daniels had to leave for work at 5:45, so we weren't being rude by skipping out on our hostess.
Off we went! It was a really pretty morning! Kristen was having fun finding agates on the beach as we walked.
We made it! Isn't that a perfect picnic rock! I wanted to spend more time there, but we had to get back to pack up and leave.
It was really nice to sit there and watch the waves, look at the mountains, and see all the fishing boats out. I counted 35 fishing boats at one time as far as I could see! Our breakfast was really yummy after our walk. When we finished, we sat there for a minute just enjoying the scenery and the morning, then we walked back.
I'm thankful for this special memory with my sister. I will very likely be going to college at BCM this Fall, and I'm going to miss my family very much. Times like this are very special to me, and I'm so thankful for the wonderful family that the Lord put me in!
~Katie~


Such a wonderful treasure memory for both of you! So thankful you are snatching moments to memorize, and appreciate you sharing them with us too. Love you bunches, and look forward to having you back "home" in June!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and all that God has ahead of you too.
~Aunt Ellen