Monday, July 27, 2015

Sisters.......

  For Christmas last year, Emilie and Ann sent us girls a 'tear off calendar' for each day about 'Sisters'. Lots of the quotes or observations are SO fitting to sisters, and some of them to brothers, that its funny sometimes. If you have the privilege of having at least one sibling, I'm sure you will be able to relate to lots of these. I'm going to share some of my favourites so far this year. Most of them are about sisters, but we have a really special brother too, so that's why I'm also posting some pictures that have him in it. I'm so thankful for the siblings the Lord has given me! They're the BEST!!!





"In the cookies of life, 
sisters are the chocolate chips."












"Having a sister is like 
having a best friend you 
can't get rid of. You know 
whatever you do, they'll 
still be there." -A.L.











"Sisters, if they be true to the name, 
have no solitary joys or sorrows.
 Sisters cannot help 
but share them all." -Anonymous









"Sister and Friend-two words 
that mean the same." -Anonymous












"A sister shares childhood 
memories and grown-up 
dreams." -Anonymous














"She is my sounding board, 
my confidante, my keeper of secrets-
and my best friend."
 -K.O.













"Giggles, secrets, sometimes tears,
 sister and friend 
through the years." -Anonymous












"The best thing about 
having a sister was that I always 
had a friend." -C.R.T.















"A loyal sister is worth 
a thousand friends." -M.E.












"Sisters share a bond that no one 
can explain. They understand 
each other in a way not even 
girl friends can approach. 
Secrets, heartbreaks, codes, history, 
delights, and sheer happiness can 
be shared in a simple glance 
between sisters." -J.C.








"Like branches on a tree we grow 
in different directions, 
yet our roots remain as one. 
Each of out lives will always be 
a special part of the other." -Anonymous








"I would like more sisters, 
that the taking out of one, 
might not leave such stillness." 
-E.D.












"Siblings: children of 
the same parents, each of whom 
is perfectly normal until
 they get together." -S.L.











"Sister to sister we 
will always be
A couple of nuts 
off the family tree."
 -Anonymous







"We've shared everything, 
my sister and I. 
Even a room filled with laughter
 and tears and all our hopes 
and fears. There were so many 
wonderful memories with many more to come
 as we grow older together as sisters...
and friends." -G.I.J.


















       




4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post!! Miss you all very much!!
    Hugs,
    Mrs. Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie! As Mom it's fun to see how much you all love your siblings. And it's all because of Christ! To Him be the glory!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete