Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sewing tip ;)

 Last year, I made several skirts for Grace Wilhite, and she is fast growing out of them. I made her a jean skirt and Mrs. Shellee wanted me to add another tier to it. I had made it with 3 tiers, and the bottom tier I made flared. Well, after I straightened that tier some first, I couldn't remember just how I had done it last year. I'm not very good at drawing, and knew I wouldn't draw a perfect curve, so I was trying and trying to think of what to do.
  Finally I looked up, and saw something on top of our sewing cabinet. I thought "Aha! That will work! Thank you Lord!" It was a big straw hat!
 Using that, I traced the big curve onto the material, and then added 6 inches to the length, and cut it out! It was really easy, and funny to be using a hat!
 I'm sure there must be a more proper way to make a flare for a skirt without a pattern, but it was the only thing I came up with. :)
  Of course, it would only work on clothes for really little girls, unless you have a HUGE hat! And if you do, I would definitely like to see a picture of you wearing it! :P







~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment