Sunday, July 28, 2013

Picture Fun!

Hi, there again! Well, half the year is over already! Can you believe it? Are we using every day the best we can for the Lord? The days, the weeks, the months, come and go, and we can never get them back... Praise the Lord for His great goodness and mercy day by day!

  Our summer is pretty hot many days, at least to us (not like many places in the world, though!) We are blessed though, that our downstairs is fairly cool most of the time because of the angle of our house, and the trees, and fans. :)  People like coming in our house. :) That's a blessing, too!

It's been a while since we posted anything on here, so I thought we should, and sorry that we aren't keeping things to "new" and "just happened", but I guess that doesn't matter too much. Hope you can enjoy it anyway.

 It was on June 7th:
  Dad and Mom went on a day out together to celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary! :) That week Rachel was trying to finish up painting the last shirt needed for each of us to match. We wanted to go out to the park for pictures together.  But Rachel hurt her back some and her foot, and we weren't sure that she'd be able to get the shirt done or feel up to going, but the Lord helped her, and she was putting the finishing touches on the flowers as the rest of us girls got all ready. We all really like our skirts, too, and they're "in style" right now. - Not that we normally follow that, but these skirts are modest, and pretty, so it's fun to be able to get them and match. :)

  The Lord gave us a pretty evening, too. Just had to keep moving, swinging our arms between shots, and tapping our feet, to keep off the mosquitoes (since we were by a pond).

The shirts say "Sisters are different flowers from the same garden" :)


Thank you, Lord for my sisters!

I liked the sepia look..






Kristen set the camera up for this picture of us. (We had to use the tripod for all of them.)


Took a little bit for me to get up my nerve to swing my legs around. I think I was the only
 a little scared one. What if I lost my balance! Thankfully, it wasn't very deep to worry about drowning, but I just didn't want to fall on the rocks, or get all wet!
There was also a huge carp swimming under us and splashing a little, giving us all a little more excitement. :)

And the Lord gave a beautiful day to our lovely parents to enjoy together.




This was back at the end of May. A lone tulip in Katie's garden, looking back across our path
out to the rice fields and beyond.
Kristen took these pictures in June, I think. Isn't it interesting how burgundy
the pine cones are when they're little! I hadn't noticed them like this other years so much. 





And this is baby Nahum Orlan Wilhite and Mom, just a few days after he was born! :)
Nahum was born the same evening that we took our pictures and when Mom and Dad were out of town. It was a happy day!! Praise the Lord for his safe arrival, and the health God has given both him and his mommy! He is growing well.
Posted by - Emilie

1 comment:

  1. I love the skirt pictures! Remember our apron pictures in the front yard?

    ReplyDelete