Tuesday, May 28, 2013

God's Wonderful Blessings


  It's been a privilege to be practicing instrumentals and songs to sing for the concert at the Day Care Center for the Hospital. Our musical skills are quite lacking in many different ways, but I am very grateful that the Lord has allowed us to be a part of giving joy and the news of true hope and love to many hurting people that day - May 10th, Friday. 
  Dad told us to practice hard to be ready as if we were going to have the concert the Sunday previous to the actual day. That way, we could focus more on putting our hearts into the playing and singing, and try to relax a little more. Most of all, because it was for our Lord Jesus, who has done so much for us!! :) 
  I'm very glad for all the times of practice, even when we were tired of practicing. :) We definitely needed all we could get! 0r, at least, I did! 
  Speaking for myself, I felt very blessed. Ann, earlier in the week, had a cold, and rested her voice from singing when we practiced, and was doing better by concert time. Thursday evening, I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold too, because my throat was beginning to hurt. :( But I prayed, "Lord, if it's your will, please allow my sore throat to go away, at least for tomorrow so I can sing all out for you, and for the poor people who need to hear the words of the songs we are singing."
 The next morning, my throat still hurt some, but I just mouthed the words, or sang really lightly as we rehearsed some in the morning. 
  By lunch, my soar throat was clearing up, and by concert time, it was basically all gone! :)
We coordinated our clothes to match each other, a blue dress shirt or blouse, and black for the pants and skirts. Jordan had only a small selection of colors for his shirts, so we kind of went by that. :)
  At the Center, the staff people were very kind and helped adjust the curtains behind us for lighting and such. Mr. and Mrs. Hirose, missionaries to Indonesia, who Dad wrote about in the prayer updates, came along to see it, too. It was an encouragement to have them and Bro. Hatanaka in the crowd, knowing that they were praying, and understood the importance of the message of each song. 
  At first, I admit, that I was a little nervous when Dad, Ann, Kristen, and I started it off with our string quartet of "Praise Ye The Lord Almighty" / "Rejoice the Lord is King". The other girls said they were nervous a little, as well. But the Lord soon took that away as we looked into the faces of many who are struggling with all sorts of things that we know nothing about. Praise God that He knows, and can meet the needs of their hearts!
  There were only a few mistakes, thankfully, and I don't think they were noticed, except for when one music stand slid down suddenly to half its size! But we brought it back up quickly, and made sure the screw was tightened harder this time. :)
  We prayed for Dad as he gave short descriptions and introductions for each song. I know God is going to do something through all of this, and we are honored to have a part in it! 
  I especially enjoyed singing "How Wonderful Art Thou".  I am pretty much always singing alto, but I got to sing soprano on that one, so I didn't have to try to be quiet! :)
Singing "How Wonderful Art Thou!"

  Bro. Hatanaka told us later that all of it was a great blessing to his heart. That, in itself was a thrill to ours as well!  
  I believe that Godly Christian music does not have to be really fancy, or embellished and spiced up with syncopation and slide. The proper emphasis is to be first the melody and message of the song, then the harmony, then the rhythm.  This is because they, respectively, speak to our spirit, soul, and body. 
  I'm so thankful that even though Bro. Hatanaka, as a new Christian, is probably used to other styles of music for his entertainment, the Lord spoke to his heart through the simplicity and clear message of those songs. :)
Making a joyful noise... :)
  Several people came up to greet us when it was finished. They couldn't stay around long, but I'm glad that Bro. Hatanaka has contact with them, and through him, God can bring them to hear more about the gospel.
  That was a day I will not forget! I thank God for His blessings to me, and filling my heart with joy as I was able to play the piano, the viola, and sing for Him!! I know each one of us girls, and Dad and Mom, and Jordan, too, were blessed by it, as well. :)
Listening to Dad give the gospel
 "My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed." 
Psalm 71:23

~~ Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment